Kualoa beach park is located at the northern edge of Kaneohe Bay, on the east side of Oahu. It is nearly 45 minutes away from Waikiki. Enjoy the beautiful beach, clear ocean water and large grassy park.
Kualoa beach park is located at 49-479 Kamehameha Highway. The camp sites are located towards the south end of the park. The camp sites are available for camping from Friday to Wednesday. The earliest a permit can be reserved is 2 weeks in advance. If you choose to select our services, then we will be sure to reserve the camp site on your behalf. There are two bathroom facilities and outdoor showers available. There are 15 camp sites available, be sure to reserve well in advance because these sites go quick.
- Beach: The protected waters from the off shore reef and man made wall, make for a calm swimming location.
- Relax: Enjoy the large beautifully manicured lawns, picnic benches and beautiful beach.
- Adventure: Mokolii or China Mans hat is located just off shore of Kualoa beach. Take a swim or Kayak during low tide to this small island. This island is a bird sanctuary so please be careful. Also it is easy to panic and to get caught in a current. Only swim if you are an advanced swimmer, otherwise check the tide charts and wade over during low tide. Be sure to leave the island during low tide as well.
- Explore: Kualoa beach park is located directly across from Kualoa ranch. Visit their website and you can find many paid attractions offered by Kualoa ranch.
- Night: Take a walk on the beach and enjoy the stars. You might be able to even catch some sand crabs. Or stay at your campsite and start a small campfire and enjoy the company of your camping buddies, while making s'mores.
To get to Kualoa Regional Park from Honolulu, take the H1 to Likelike Highway (63). Travel on Likelike Highway north through the Wilson tunnel. The road will wind down the mountains, so stay to your right and take the Kahekili Highway (83) cut off. Follow Kahekili Highway north for approximately 8 miles. The Park entrance will be on your right, or ocean side. Follow the road through the park. At the end of the road, there is a coral road off to the right and a sign pointing out campground "A." Follow the coral road to the parking area. The parking area does not have accessible parking or an access route. The All-Terrain Wheelchair is located at the camp office. The office is the last building at the end of the coral road. Campground "B" is located before the coral road, instead of taking the right to Campground "A" proceed straight to Campground B.
Use the map below to map out directions from your location or feel free to send us an email and we will be happy to direct you to this camp site.
View Kualoa Beach Park in a larger map